Monday, April 30, 2007

Spring has sprung~


Spring has sprung, the Grass has riz, I wonder where the flowers iz? Oh, look! they're in my garden!


I've always said that flowers were my reward for enduring the long winter. When you don't see flowers until mid-late April, it makes winter seem very long, indeed.


Yesterday was VERY warm and daffodils popped open everywhere!






I had my play the last 2 weekends. This is a link to my photos of the play. I am one of the 'Bearers' (Pandora). We were the mortician & family. We were rather ghoulish, and I was trying to channel Morticia Addams in my role. I am excited for the next year--Amery has 'My Fair Lady' on their list, and Clear Lake is talking about 'Oklahoma.' Great! I can re-live being 15-16 when I'm 38~ :-)
the bearers
Alisha is busy running track--Last week she came in first in the 2 mile. Emily does Jr. High track and does the 100m and the shotput.

John went through his Order of the Arrow Ordeal this last weekend for Scouts. It was a tough weekend, but I think it was good for him.


Michael is on a Math team that will compete this coming weekend.


Sarah (and I) went to Shell Lake a couple of weeks ago with her Brownie troop for a Theatre Workshop. The girls did a vocal workshop, and a body movement workshop, and then they put on a production of 'Sheherazade,' with makeup & costumes. Some of the girls were on stage, and others were the stage crew. It was really a lot of fun, and they earned their 'Let's Pretend' Try-It badge.

Daniel likes to pretend he can read and carries a copy of one of our Narnia books around the house--he even will mark his place to return to it later after he's looked at it for a while. I asked him once what was happening in the story, and he said, "I don't know!"

It was great having Mom along with Kaisey and McKay come to visit us this last weekend. The kids had a lot of fun. We are so sad that they are leaving Wisconsin! :-(

I guess that is about that~
Patti


No comments:

Post a Comment