Saturday, March 3, 2007

Here for a moment


Well, I got logged in by changing my password, so we'll see if this is more than a one time occurrence, but I'll post while I'm here.

During the wild weather this week we got snow, and lots of it. Last weekend, we got about 8 inches. Church was even canceled on Sunday. Then on Thursday/Friday of this week, we got another foot or so. The kids have been having a ball. They've constructed a sliding hill out in the woods (it goes down towards the frozen swamp).
The kids were released early from school on Thursday when the storm was coming, Parent/Teacher conferences were canceled that night as well. Friday they had off anyway, which was a good thing, because traveling was not a good thing.

Sarah and Daniel have taken turns passing a cough back and forth between them. I think Sarah is finally over the worst of her last bout with it.

It is Girl Scout cookie delivery time. The girls (and I) have finally gotten all of the cookies delivered--except for the order for Lance that gets sent out on Monday.

I've been taking some classes online to help me learn Photoshop better. I've learned various cropping and blending techniques which we then use to make ATCs or Artist Trading Cards, because the finished product is only 2 1/2 x 3 1/2 inches, or about the size of a Trading card. These are some of the things I've done.





As far as other classes go, I've finished my Doctrine & Covenants class, I'm just waiting for the final to arrive. I've now signed up for Humanities 201.

California here we come! I purchased the tickets tonight. We are coming Aug 2! Very exciting! We haven't been to California since 1998.

I intend to spend the next few weeks quilting like mad. I have 4 quilts to finish quilting by April 17th. One of them, I am thinking of using as the back for another one, so there may only be 3 to do. We'll see how my time goes.

Guess that's all for this time.
Patti

1 comment:

  1. I think this is the first year in 10 or 15 years that I didn't have GS cookies. Usually there are some neighbor girls involved or daughter of someone at hubby's work. I am going to miss my samoas. What's the image with the quilt? That's beautiful.

    ReplyDelete