Sunday, March 28, 2010

p365 March 22-28

I didn't set out to take a picture of a buffalo. He just sort of happened. I was riding with a friend to a meeting in the cities. We were just driving along and chatting away, when she noticed the flashing lights in her rear view mirror. "I'm getting pulled over!," she says. So, while she is finding her insurance, license, etc. I look out the window, and there is a herd of buffalo right there. Cool! So I snap a few pictures, and the VERY nice policeman lets my friend off with a warning, and we have a story to tell at our meeting. This is a picture of me posting to this blog early in the morning because while I like to try to have things posted by Sunday, sometimes it doesn't happen until Tuesday.
On Wednesday I got to chaperone the 2nd Grade to the Science Museum. 2nd grade is such the perfect age for this trip. They study dinosaurs, and then we go see them at the museum. We also saw an OmniTheatre movie. This one was on the golden ages of Arabia, which was very interesting for me, but I think it went right over the kids' heads as they kept asking "is the movie almost over? How much longer?" etc. But they had a good time. This is Daniel & friends while we were waiting for the busses.

Every year, the Art Educators in the area put on an art show for Youth Art Month. Our Art teacher picks out pieces that are done throughout the year and they get to go to the show. Alisha & Michael have both had pieces go there before. This year, Sarah's version of Matisse's 'Lady with a Green Stripe' was selected to go.

Michael's birthday was on Friday. He has a tendency to use my camera-a lot- so I got him his own camera. This is him taking a picture of his birthday cake (which is green cake with mint frosting and chocolate ganache on it.) We went to the movies as a family. Dad and Sarah & Daniel saw 'How to Train your Dragon', and the rest of us saw 'Alice in Wonderland'.


Saturday was the pinewood derby. (we got the wheels on the car at 11:00 Friday night--no matter how early they give us the car, we are not going to finish it until the night before the race.) We had a pancake breakfast before the derby, so I helped with that, and Richard helped with the weigh in. (He owns the 5 oz. calibrated weight). Daniel's car came in first for the Wolves. (o.k., there were only 3 Wolves, but he still did great. ;-) )


It had been pretty chilly all week, but my newly uncovered flowers don't seem to mind. I came home from church to find little spots of color all over the flower bed. These are the snowdrops.

have a great week!







No comments:

Post a Comment