Sunday, April 11, 2010

p365 April 5-11 99 days

What is this arrow pointing at? part of 10 hours of work that Alisha put in on her prom dress over Easter Break. The dress fit her exactly perfect. Unfortunately, that meant that she couldn't move in it. So, we took the seam out, and then she took the skirt off, re sewed the seams (in the lining and dress) wider, added extra to the trim, put the skirt back on, and re beaded the dress. She also sewed straps on the dress, and added a bit of tulle on top to be more modest. She did a fantastic job and saved nearly $100 in alteration fees.

This is the easter Lily that was given to me by the art teacher that I work with.


Hermione loves her boxes. Even if we have fun putting things on top of her.

Forsooth! a Forsythia! My favorite spring shrub, and I don't have one in my yard, so therefore I am resigned to take pictures of ones that live in other yards.

Alisha and Emily were in a play at school called 'Big Bad.' The Big Bad Wolf was on trial and the different characters that had dealings with the wolf were there to testify. Alisha and Emily were 2 of the three pigs. The wolf's lawyer was the 'Evil Stepmother', the plantiff's attorney was the Fairy Godmother, and the judge was the wise old woman. Also there were Red Riding Hood, her grandmother & woodsman, the 3 pigs, Miss Muffet (who turned out to be the adopted human sister of the wolf, and the step daughter to the Evil Stepmother), and old shepherd and her son, the boy who cried wolf. Cute play.
File this one under: One more project. When at the fabric store, getting items for Alisha's dress, I saw this yarn and wanted to knit. Alisha picked the colors. I work on it on my break at work, riding in the car, and while waiting for kids

Sunday brings the best day of the week. Not only do I teach music in Primary to the 3-11 yr olds, but I also get to go in to the Nursery and sing with the 18 month-3 yr olds. This is our nursery class getting ready for music time. We have pictures that represent the songs, and the children take turns picking the pictures. Its so fun!
Well, Sunday's picture marks day 99. Cool!
Have a great week!

No comments:

Post a Comment