Sunday, May 2, 2010

p365 April 26-May 2

Monday night was Alisha's last Jazz Band concert. She has been going to school early twice a week since 7th grade for jazz band practice. The band sounded great, and this year was maybe the first year that she also didn't have a track meet right before the concert.
There are some sheep that live about a mile down the road. I brought my camera with me on my walk on Tuesday.

I also have this lovely vista not too far away. With the morning sun coming through the trees, and the still water, it was just gorgeous.

Michael finally got his plaque for having straight A's first semester (now that the 2nd semester is almost over).

My spring flowers are really at their peak right now. Spring is so far ahead of schedule for us, everything is blooming about 3 weeks ahead of when they usually do. We just finished the warmest April on record. No snow in either March or April. Highly unusual, indeed.

On Saturday we went to a reception for a girl from our ward (Michelle Peterson)who has been at BYU for several years, and got married a week ago in San Diego (to Dustin Schleisman).

Its the 2nd of May and the wild trillium are blooming. You will see whole hills covered in them around here, but in my yard, I only have a few and I have to search carefully to see if they are still there every year. I found them today, and that makes me smile.

Have a great week!





1 comment: