Sunday, May 30, 2010

P365 May 24-30

Monday was quite hot, over 90. It hadn't been that hot since the last week of June last year. Alisha was running at a track meet that day. Sarah & Daniel met me at the car when I got home and they were in their swimming suits. "Can we go to the park??" I was hot & sticky too, so I changed, and Sarah, Daniel, Michael & I went swimming for an hour or so before we came home for dinner. It was very refreshing.
Alisha's graduation party was on Tuesday. It rained (only a little--it poured elsewhere), so most of the adults stayed inside. The kids played games outside, and Michael manned the bonfire (which was really quite impressive) where they eventually roasted marshmallows. We had tacos/nachos and a rather nice turnout. Thank you to all who came.
Graduation over, I had to start working on my quilt again. Here are over 100 flying geese blocks, that are finally cut out. Now, time to assemble.
On Thursday I got to go to Como Zoo with Daniel and the rest of the 2nd grade. It was a perfect day of about 76 degrees, and low humidity. My friend Mary came to chaperone her daughter Elizabeth (Daniel's best friend), so we all hung out together. It was a lot of fun, though we didn't get to see the polar bears, because their new exhibit doesn't open until June 3. :-(
We went to another ward party and drove home just as the moon was rising. It was really big & orange...
I went with Alisha to a graduation party of a friend of hers at Clear Lake Park. There were a couple of dead trees that recently got cut down. This week the stumps got transformed. This one has an eagle perched on a stump, and at the bottom, it has a bear sitting at the bottom of it. The other stump will be a fish.
This is my flower bed in a rather boring state....all green. The spring flowers have faded, and the summer flowers haven't opened yet. It is rather pretty, with the long straping leaves of the daffodils and daylillies, the flat leaves of the peonies, the little, light leaves of the ferns, the pointy leaves of the wild dasies, etc.
Have a great Memorial Day. I get to work (for holiday pay), but the kids will participate at the ceremony at the cemetary.

No comments:

Post a Comment