Sunday, July 18, 2010

p365 July 12-July 18

Monday Evening we went to see ToyStory 3 in 3D. This is everyone before the movie started. The movie was awesome and I cried almost the whole last 10-20 minutes. I am a boob. It was our first 3D movie and I was impressed.
This is a story of my poor mountain ash tree. I love this tree. It is right in front of the house. It makes beautiful red berries. The past couple of years, the wood peckers have been poking systematic holes in the branches and drinking the sap. This year, it is especially bad, and branches are starting to die. The insects love the sappy holes and the tree is buzzing with flies, bees & butterflies.. One day my tree will be dead. :-(

Wednesday we had several hours of storms roll through. Just as I was leaving work, the storms were clearing up. This is the back end of the storm front moving away.

Thursday night we had our ward Pioneer Day Picnic at the Rhode's house. One of the kids' favorite thing to do is to play on their handcart replica. We get slow roasted bbq pork, turkey & beef brisket, potluck & then people play softball/kickball, at the next door park, or board games like Scrabble & RummiKube. Its our annual tradition.

Friday we took the teenagers to Crystal for a youth dance. That is just about 10 min from Minneapolis. It was a gorgeous evening, so we went downtown, ate on the patio of Chipotle on Nicolette Mall. Then we just spent the rest of the evening people watching & walking up and down the street. This is a cool fountain on the street. The water was falling down the pipes.

Saturday my family left. Most of them anyway. Richard took John, Emily, Sarah & Daniel and went to Utah to his parents' house. I just got a text from John that they arrived about 2 hours ago. I stayed home to get Michael to Scout Camp next week. The two of us went to see Despicable Me last night & got home just in time for another round of storms.

Saturday night I made a banana pie for potluck . Really Yummy. Unfortunately, I left it at home, and didn't remember it until I was about 10 miles from home. So, we had to eat pie when we got home. Too bad.
It will be an odd week. Very quiet, I think.

No comments:

Post a Comment