Sunday, August 8, 2010

p365 Aug 2-8

Emily came home from Utah with this rash all over her body. She also had had headaches for several weeks. Took her to the doctor's on Monday and she took one look at the rash and diagnosed Lyme's Disease. She got put on a 3 week course of doxycycline which is a pretty powerful antibiotic that make her stomach hurt. We have figured out if she eats first before taking the pill, and that seems to make a difference.
Tuesday I participated in Turtle Lake's 'National Night Out' gathering. I don't live in Turtle Lake, but I work there. McDonald's had a booth there. We had activies for kids, and information about the Ronald McDonald house for the adults. Richard brought my kids down and they had a lot of fun with different activites, dancing, free hot dogs and rootbeer floats.

The kids & I did some experiments this week. We had some dry ice and had fun with it, and this is another one... take a plate full of milk (whole works best-good fat content), put drops of different food coloring all over the milk, and then just a few drops of dish soap. It makes the milk come alive with color.

Thursday we went to a couple of parks. We went to a sculpture park, and then to a nature park. This is at the latter. They are watching for their pooh sticks to come out the other side of the bridge.

Friday was my last day as regular crew at McDonald's. I have been promoted to manager, and start that on Monday. So, I came home and retired my hat & old nametag.

I love this stargazer lily, but the picture does not do it justice. I had focus problems, and problems with little people trying to put their fingers in my picture.

Sunday afternoon--a perfect time for a game of Monopoply.
Have a great week!

No comments:

Post a Comment