Sunday, August 15, 2010

p365 Aug 9-15

Aug 9, was Emily's Birthday. We had orignially scheduled her wisdom teeth surgery for that day, but with the Lyme's and waiting for funding, we kind of postponed her surgery. We also postponed her celebration until Tuesday due to other scheduling. However, I found a really cool spider web in the foggy morning.
We had Emily's birthday dinner and cake on the 10th. She is 16!! This is kind of an odd shot, but I like it for the look of the candles and the intruding siblings. I took her to see Eclipse that night. Finally. We were almost too late for it. I think there were only 2 theatres in the area that still had it playing.
Wednesday was SOOO hot. When I got home from work, we went to the beach. Its odd. It has rained so much this summer that the lake level was actually higher in August than it was in June.

Sarah had her friend come stay for a couple of days. She brought her mama cat & kittens over too. (I have a feeling they wanted us to keep them--NO) So, we had visiting cats for a couple of days. We had a kitty that looked just like this that was the mama to our other cats.

Friday night Richard & I took these 3 out to see Despicable Me. It is such a funny movie. If you haven't seen it yet, I highly recommend it. We drove there in a driving rainstorm (raining. again.) The show was so early, we got dinner after the movie. I took this picture just to show what we did, but I realized that it shows a turning point for my family. We didn't buy a kids' meal. Everyone got the regular sized meal. I really don't have babies anymore.

Saturday, we went to my friend's house where she had a Kids' Survivor-A day in the woods. They learned about what they would need to survive in the woods. How to get shelter, build fire, collect water, and trap food. Really a cool event. It was well attended. In this picture, they are talking about edible plants in the wild like plantain, lambs quarters, and dandelions.

This is the view from my porch. My camera didn't want to capture the blue of the sky, so I had to re-create it. :-)
August is halfway over. 16 days until school starts!






No comments:

Post a Comment