Sunday, August 22, 2010

p365 Aug 16-22

Yummy! No, these are not cookies. They are fried red tomatoes. Use ripe, firm tomatoes, dip in flour, an egg bath, and then bread crumbs. Fry either in a frying pan, or I used my deep fryer until golden brown. Serve with crumbled bacon and chives.

For Family Home Evening, Michael had us do a marshmallow challenge
where we built structures out of spaghetti to support a marshmallow. It was a fun exercise. Richard's was the tallest, but I think mine held the marshmallow the longest.

It is late summer. The goldenrod is blooming everywhere.

I really like the white impatiens right next to the purple foliage.

Friday night, Richard & I drove the kids to Minneapolis to a dance and then we went downtown. There was a Twins game, and various other events going on, so we had to drive all over the place to find parking somewhere near Nicollet Mall. A block or so over we drove by this building. I don't even know what building this is, but I love it!! We were driving, so it isn't the best picture.

Saturday I went to a Girl Scout Leader Adult Enrichment Conference. I took a couple classes on communication, and keeping older girls interested, as well as a couple of craft classes (cake decorating and making a cement stepping stone.) In between times, there were a couple of charity sewing projects. We put together strips to make quilts for children's hospice programs, and we made pillowcases for the million pillowcase project (Ha! I learned how to do links in my blog!) The pillowcases went together so fast once I figured out the directions that I put together about 4 or 5 of them. (O.K., the pieces were all pre-cut, I just had to sew them together. But once they are cut out, they go together in about 5 minutes. Just 3 seams)

Michael has been folding and making lots of paper stars. Really cool stars. This morning I noticed they were all perched on top of the bulliten board.
Have a great week. Last full week of August/summer.
*moi

No comments:

Post a Comment