Sunday, January 24, 2010

Jan 17-23

This was a busy week! (of course, when isn't it?)
Sunday we had a very long day at church. After church we had a potluck lunch, and then Richard had to get everyone's financial statements finished for 2009. We finally got home around 4pm. This is Richard driving us home.
I call this picture 'six bottles'. They are the 6 bottles I picked up at the drug store on Monday evening. Daniel had had a gross nose for a while with headaches, and then it was migrating to his ears, so he got a trip to the doctor. He got diagnosed with a sinus infection moving to his ears, so he got a 2 week course of Amoxicillin. While at the drugstore, I passed the hair color, and decided it had been WAY too long since I had gotten my hair colored, my roots were as long as my bangs, there was way too much sparkly silver showing, and I just wasn't getting around to make an appointment with Dawn, my hairdresser, so I bought my own color. I'd done it before, but my hair has grown so long it takes 3 boxes to cover my hair now. I used 2 boxes red, and one brown. (obviously, this picture was taken post coloring. It looks like there had been some sort of bloodshed before the bottles were touched)

Tuesday morning it the world was white, but it hadn't snowed at all. It was just a heavy frost from the frozen fog. Every single branch was just covered with a thick lacy blanket. This is the view UP the driveway to our house.

Wednesday night, the older kids went off to church, Richard was still at work, and John was still at school, so it was just me and the younger ones. We had time to cuddle up on the couch and read a couple chapters of the books we are reading together.

Thursday, I had Girl Scouts with Sarah. We put on a play about Ruth Harkiss who was one of the first westerners to discover the panda in China and bring one to the United States. The girls made the props, and then we divided the parts.

Friday night was Sarah's birthday party. Sarah made all the invitations and passsed them all out without me seeing her list, so I wasn't sure of how many actually were invited or would come. Luckily it was only 3 that showed up, so it wasn't too overwhelming. :-) Richard took the boys out to get wood pellets and dinner. Alisha and Emily helped me with the party. This is a picture of them playing with glow sticks...with flash & without. It was a slumber party. We made pizza, painted finger nails, they played games, had a pinata & watched a movie as they settled down for the night. They were up early the next morning and we had crepes for breakfast.

Saturday, I cut fabric, and cut fabric, and cut fabric. It is the first quilt I have started in many months.
I also got my talk ready and primary things ready for Sunday (1-24) but we got a call this morning that church was cancelled because of the weather. Well, guess we are ready for next week.
Have a great week!






No comments:

Post a Comment