Saturday, January 30, 2010

P365 Jan 24-Jan30

Color Blankey turns 10! Well, actually, Sarah turned 10 on this day, but Color Blankey arrived not long after she was born. It was made by a group of friends that I e-mailed on a daily basis. (still do with some of them as a matter of fact!) Each of them made a patch and 'Aunt Sally' put them all together. It has gotten a lot of love and abuse over the last 10 years, patches have disappeared altogether, or we have rescued some of them in time and resewed them on. But Sarah loves Color Blankey still.

Richard and the boys went to go buy wood pellets the Friday of Sarah's birthday, but Saturday he was gone most of the day, and it was cold and icy, so they didn't get brought into the house until Monday.

This picture is simply-Fat cat in a too small box.

Wednesday I went to the church with the kids. These are the girls doing a scripture chase.

Thursday I had my almost monthly lunch with my dear friend Phyllis. We meet at Lucky's in Clear Lake after I'm done working in the art room. I usually get the soup and a salad or sandwich. The 2 soups of the day were Chili and chunky vegetable. I didn't really want chili, so I ordered the chunky vegetable thinking I might get a nice broth-based vegetable soup. Not. When the waitress set it in front of me she said, "this isn't chili." Really? Sure looked like chili to me. With chunks of vegetables in it. Grrr. Sure tasted like chili too. I even like chili. I just didn't want it that day. Oh well. Phyllis & I had a nice visit anyway.

Friday I was coming home from picking Richard up from work (we may be acquiring a new car this week so that we don't have to tag team drive anymore!) and I passed this sunset. The moon was rising big and full in the opposite direction, but I thought the sunset looked better. ;-)

Saturday the 30th, I took the girls down to Menomonie for a Seminary Activity. My friend Shelby drove her daughter down and we went downtown for some shopping and sightseeing. We toured the historic Mabel Tainter Theatre. It was a lovely old stone building and had recently been restored. This is a picture of some of the really cool stenciling that was in there. I'd like to go to a play there and sit in the balcony. (no, really, I'd like to be IN a play there, but I can't imagine driving over an hour each way for rehearsals)

Well, January is almost over and so is the first month of P365. What do you think? I'm having fun. See you in February!





No comments:

Post a Comment