Tuesday, January 5, 2010

new pics! :-)

I've kept up with this for 6 days now. Woo Hoo! So, here are the latest installments:
Sunday we woke up to -18 degrees. I don't care who you are, that is cold. Snot freezing cold. We are averaging about -10 at night. That calls for a lot of wood in the fireplace. We shove it in there day and night. We have a wood pellet stove that works to about 20 degrees at keeping the house warm. Below 20, and we have to supplement with wood. Especially to heat the upstairs. There are electric baseboard heaters upstairs, but they are expensive, so we don't use them. So, Richard & boys cut trees (gotta love having your own woods) and chop wood and haul wood so that we can have heat. Heat is a good thing.



Monday (1/4) the kids went back to school and I drove to New Richmond to do some shopping. I've passed this tree many times and was always struck by its starkness in the middle of the field by itself.
This is my amaryllis that I have been growing since Thanksgiving. It has 4 gorgeous blooms on it, and a 5th bud as well. Very cool looking!

Have a great day!!





No comments:

Post a Comment